JCA: Congregation Beit Kodesh Records

Accession Number: 
UR002356
Extent: 
3.5 linear feet (7 MB)
Date: 
1957-2011

Congregation Beit Kodesh was known as the Livonia Jewish Congregation from 1959 to 1990. During the early years, the congregation maintained a religious school and was an important presence within the Livonia community, participating in numerous community and social service projects. The congregation referred to themselves as the “House of Miracles” as they were small in numbers and overcame many financial obstacles. They were a close-knit synagogue that operated like a family until 2011, when the congregation disbanded.

The Congregation Beit Kodesh Records include administrative records, bar and bat mitzvah
records, Chai dinner booklets, legal documents, minutes and records of sisterhood activities.
They reflect the activities of a small but dedicated group of volunteers that labored to maintain
Jewish presence and practice in Western Wayne County for more than 50 years.

Attachment(click to download)
UR002356.pdfUR002356_guide.pdf122.97 KB