JCA Jewish Community Center Records

Accession Number: 
UR002619
Extent: 
7 linear feet (7 SB)
Date: 
1935-2005, bulk 1970-2005

The Jewish Centers Association was formally organized in 1926, located on Melbourne near Woodward. Its purpose was to provide recreational, cultural, and informal educational activities for the Detroit Jewish community.

These records include JCC programming and events at its many locations, from the Fenkell Branch to the West Bloomfield campus, from 1935 to 2005. The materials include meeting minutes from various governing groups and papers from the Jewish Book Fair, Jewish Parents Institute, day care and camp programs, and the Jewish Ensemble Theater, as well as the Music Department, Festival Dancers and the Sholem Aleichem Institute. Box 5 mainly relates to the building of the West Bloomfield campus of the JCC.

Attachment(click to download)
UR002619_guide.pdfUR002619_guide.pdf275.14 KB