JCA: Auxiliary for Jewish Home and Aging Services Records

Accession Number: 
UR002521
Extent: 
7.5 linear feet (1 SB, 7 MB, 4 OS)
Date: 
1933-2007

The Auxiliary for the Jewish Home and Aging Services (formerly the Jewish Home for the Aged) was established along with the incorporation of the first Jewish Old Folks Home in Detroit in 1907. This organization has also been know as the Jewish Home for the Aged Auxiliary and is most recently known as Jewish Senior Life Auxiliary. It was primarily a women’s service organization until the mid-1930s, when it formally became the Auxiliary. Its mission is to render services to and enhance the lives of residents of the various senior homes and facilities of the Jewish community. Volunteers have always played an important role in the Auxiliary, being actively involved in programming and fundraising to support the services of the senior residence facilities.
This collection, which dates from 1933 to 2007, includes administrative documents, meeting minutes and correspondence, presidents' record books, memorabilia from various programs and events, photographs, scrapbooks and several quilts made by staff and residents of the senior residence facilities.

Attachment(click to download)
UR002521.pdfUR002521.pdf71.2 KB