J. Henry Carstens, M.D. Papers
Dr. Carstens was a faculty member of both the Detroit Medical College and the Detroit College of Medicine and Surgery. In November 1868, he enrolled in the first class of the DMC, receiving his degree in 1870. He served Detroit as a physician for fifty years. He was president of the Detroit Board of Health in 1877, chief of staff at Harper Hospital from 1895-1920. He was a founding member and president of the American Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, organized in 1888. He also was an authority in abdominal surgery and disease.
|Attachment||(click to download)|