JCA: National Council of Jewish Women: Greater Detroit Section Records

Accession Number: 
UR001647
Extent: 
68 linear feet (88 MB, 19 OS)
Date: 
1891-2004

The National Council of Jewish Women: Greater Detroit Section (NCJW-GDS), a philanthropic organization serving women and children in the Jewish and general communities, was founded in 1891 as the Jewish Woman's Club of Temple Beth El in Detroit.
The NCJW: GDS records document the activities of the organization from its inception, including administrative affairs and programming, and the role of the organization in the Detroit community.
The Young Women’s Hebrew Association, the Anti-Defamation League, Jewish refugee assistance programs, the Big Sister movement, North End Clinic, Camp Jeddo, Jewish Social Service Bureau, and the Jewish Children’s Home are among important subjects included in the collection. Also documented are the programs of Kosher Meals on Wheels and SPACE for Changing Families Support Groups, financial assistance for education, Safe Place (temporary housing for domestic abuse victims), and advocacy regarding many social issues.

Attachment(click to download)
UR001647.pdfUR001647_guide.pdf122.35 KB