(2418) Buildings, Churches, Old Mariners', Detroit, 1955
Old Mariners’ Church gingerly makes her way from her original location at the foot of Woodward Avenue to her new home at East Jefferson Avenue and Randolph Street. The Bob-Lo boat building, the Vernors plant and the Detroit River are visible in the background. Part of series.
Originally built in 1849, Old Mariners’’ is the oldest surviving stone built church in Detroit. It was moved 1955 to make room for the Civic Center project.