Wayne University Mackenzie Union Financial Records

Accession Number: 
WSR002687
Extent: 
5.5 linear feet (11 MB)
Date: 
1933-1938

This collection includes invoices, receipts, vouchers, cancelled checks, financial correspondence, and other financial records of the Mackenzie Union, the men's student union of Wayne University, for the years 1933-1938.
The Janet Mackenzie Memorial Fund, a non-profit corporation, was created in March 1929. In 1931 its name was changed to Mackenzie Union of the College of the City of Detroit; 1934 it became Mackenzie Union of Wayne University. Mackenzie Union was housed at 4847 Second Avenue in Detroit, which it leased in 1933 and purchased in 1934. In 1938 both the property and the Union were taken over by the Student Activities Budget Committee of Wayne University. Mackenzie Union relocated to 437 Putnam Street in 1940.

Attachment(click to download)
WSR000001_Mackenzie.pdfWSR002687_guide.pdf104.54 KB