The Wayne Advocate

The Gavel, first published by the Student Bar Association of Wayne University in 1952, became The Wayne Law Journal in 1953 when taken over by the Wayne University Law School. When Wayne University became Wayne State University in 1956, the journal's name was changed to The Wayne State Law Journal; in 1962, it became The Wayne Advocate. This journal ended regular publication with Volume XI in 1963, with the exception of an annual Commencement issue. A new series, The Wayne Advocate: Tabloid Edition, began publication in 1967, and continued until 1969.

Date: 
1952-1969
Creator: 
Wayne State University, Law School
Size: 
1 MB