Wayne University College of Education Teacher Placement Records

Accession Number: 
WSR000096
Extent: 
.5 linear foot (1 MB)
Date: 
1919-1941

The Detroit Normal Training School was founded in 1881 by the Detroit Board of Education in order to train teachers for Detroit's public schools. The Normal School was renamed the Detroit Teachers College in 1920; in 1933, the Detroit Teachers College became the College of Education of the newly formed Wayne University.

These records of the Wayne University College of Education contain teacher placement information from the years 1919-1940. They include Detroit Board of Education placements and assignments, placements of graduates not from the College of Education, cumulative lists, and placement statistics from those years. Additionally, the records contain information on graduates’ placement in the teaching fields, and other statistics regarding their activities before graduating.

Attachment(click to download)
WSR000096_guide.pdfWSR000096_guide.pdf106.88 KB