Wayne State University School of Social Work Dean's Office Records

Accession Number: 
WSR000221
Extent: 
6 linear feet (6 SB)
Date: 
1945-1971, bulk 1958-1969

The School of Social Work was first established at Wayne University in 1936. Charles B. Brink was appointed as dean in 1950, serving from 1951 to 1963. The period 1950-1963 in the School of Social Work was characterized by consolidation and slow but steady growth. In 1964, Sidney Dillick succeeded Brink as Dean of the School of Social Work. The Dillick years, 1964-1981, were a period of rapid growth in size, curriculum, and organization in the school, spurred by student enrollment and federal funds. Dillick resigned as dean in 1981 to serve as a professor in the School of Social Work, before retiring from Wayne State University in 1985.

The School of Social Work, Dean’s Office Records contain correspondence, program materials, committee information, and student and faculty organizational records from the Dean’s Office in the School of Social Work at WSU from 1945 to 1971.

Attachment(click to download)
WSR000221_guide.pdfWSR000221_guide.pdf112.55 KB