Wayne State University College of Education Library Science Department Records

Accession Number: 
WSR000322
Extent: 
1 linear foot (2 MB)
Date: 
1952-1967 (bulk 1963-1967)

The Wayne State University College of Education housed the Library Science Department until 1984, after which it was moved to the administration of the Dean of University Libraries. The name was then changed to the Library and Information Science Program in 1993, and in 2009 the Board of Governors created the School of Library and Information Science.

This collection primarily consists of brief summaries of some of the Library Science Department’s staff between 1963 and 1967, as well as correspondence and interdepartmental memos related to the Library Science Department. The collection includes documents relating to the department’s original accreditation process, which resulted in the program’s accreditation in 1967.

Attachment(click to download)
WSR000322.pdfWSR000322_guide.pdf91.37 KB