Michigan Dance Archives: Marygrove College Department of Dance Records

Accession Number: 
UR002812
Extent: 
1.5 linear feet
Date: 
1960-1990

Marygrove College opened its Detroit campus in 1927; it originated as St. Mary Academy, later St. Mary College. in Monroe, Michigan, in 1845. Dance programs included a long-running Summer School for the Performing Arts, which included well-known faculty from the college and around the country. Classes for children were offered in ballet, modern and creative dance. These records from the Dance Department consist mainly of photographs of dance events and performances in the 1970s and 1980s, along with individual photos of students and guest artists. There are several folders of photos from an exchange with a dance program in Japan, dating from 1988-1990. There is one oversize box containing photos. A small group of negatives, five envelopes of strips and three 4"x5" negatives, were transferred to the Reuther A-V Departent.

Attachment(click to download)
UR002812.pdfUR002812_guide.pdf233.25 KB