UAW American Motors Corporation Department Records

Accession Number: 
LR001433
Extent: 
5.5 linear feet (11 MB)
Date: 
1983-1986

The papers of the AMC department of the UAW were placed in the Archives of Labor and Urban Affairs in April of 1990 and were opened for research in 1992. The UAW and AMC began their working relationship in 1955 when the Hudson and Nash companies merged to form American Motors Corporation. This branch of the UAW represented workers in Kenosha, Wisconsin and Toledo, Ohio. The papers in this collection reflect the general office correspondence between the UAW, the UAW's three locals which worked for American Motors
Corporation, and American Motors Corporation.

Attachment(click to download)
LR001433.pdfLR001433_guide.pdf68.84 KB