Wayne State University Alpha Theta Sigma Records

Accession Number: 
WSR000208
Extent: 
1 linear foot, (2 MB)
Date: 
1924-1975

Alpha Theta Sigma was originally an all-women's club on Wayne State University's campus. Founded in 1923 as the "An-Tik-Lik Club," the group went on to become the second women's organization on campus. The An-Tik-Lik Club earned its Greek letter social sorority status in 1927, becoming known as Alpha Theta Sigma, or AST.

The organization's focus was primarily social events, such as spring dances and charity drives. AST became closely affiliated with the Women of Wayne Alumni Association to help promote and provide leadership opportunities at Wayne State. Alpha Theta Sigma officially disbanded in 1953, with former members making occasional visits to campus and donations to women's organizations in the name of the group.

Attachment(click to download)
WSR000208.pdfWSR000208_guide.pdf229.43 KB