(11471) Bonstelle Theatre, Exterior, Detroit, Michigan, 1950s

An exterior view of Wayne University’s Bonstelle Theatre, located at 3424 Woodward at the corner of Erskine, Detroit, Michigan. The building was formerly used as Temple Beth El (1902-1922), the Bonstelle Playhouse (1925-1928), the Detroit Civic Theatre (1928-1931) and the Mayfair Theatre (1933-1951). The original structure was built by Albert Kahn. Howard C. Crane oversaw the redesign of the building from a synagogue into a theatre in 1925.

(11471) Bonstelle Theatre, Exterior, Detroit, Michigan, 1950s
Date: 
Circa 1950s
Physdesc: 
Photograph
Photographer: 
Information Services
PhotoID: 
11471