Wayne University Medical Science Center Records
The Medical Science Center was organized as a nonprofit corporation at the request of the Detroit Board of Education. Its mission was to raise money for, and build one of the world's outstanding medical centers in Detroit, affiliated with Wayne University. Capital costs were to be borne by foundation support and private donations, but unsuccessful in this endeavor, the Center was finally dissolved in 1951. The Center's records reflect efforts to develop plans and raise money, through the records of its president, Wendell Anderson and executive secretary, George Pierrot. Material on the establishment of Wayne University's Institute for Occupational Health is also included.
|Attachment||(click to download)|