(2419) Buildings, Churches, Old Mariners', Detroit, 1955

Old Mariners' Church is moved into her new location at 170 E. Jefferson Ave. A sign for the Tunnel to Canada can be seen on the right. Part of series.

Originally built in 1849, Old Mariners’ is the oldest surviving stone built church in Detroit. It was moved from its original location at the foot of Woodward Ave to the corner of Jefferson Avenue and Randolph Street in 1955 to make room for the Civic Center project.

(2419) Buildings, Churches, Old Mariners', Detroit, 1955
Date: 
1955
Physdesc: 
Photograph
Photographer: 
Tony Spina
PhotoID: 
2419