Central High School Records
Central High School was originally located at the intersection of Warren Avenue and Cass Avenue in Detroit. It was the successor to Capitol High School, the first high school in Detroit, founded in 1858; Capitol changed its name to Central in 1896. CHS began to offer college courses in 1913, and this program evolved into the Detroit Junior College, which became the City College of Detroit, Wayne University, and finally Wayne State University. In 1925, CHS relocated to 2425 Tuxedo Street in Detroit. It now operates as Central Collegiate Academy.
The Central High School Records consist primarily of yearbooks and student publications of the Detroit Central High School for the years 1902-2004. Also included are materials relating to Central High School alumni, including alumni journals, alumni directories, minutes from meetings of the Alumni Association, and material concerning the Detroit High School Alumni Association for the years 1860-1916.
|Attachment||(click to download)|