Wayne State University Alumni Relations Alumni Giving Council Records

Accession Number: 
WSR000369
Extent: 
5 linear feet (5 SB)
Date: 
1955-1978

The Wayne State Fund governed the Alumni Giving Council, campus beautification, the Anthony Wayne Society, and also selected which scholarships and memorial funds to donate monies to. The Fund determined how funds would be allocated and transferred to meet departmental needs, special projects, telephone drives, awards and scholarships. The collection contains committee by-laws, correspondence, minutes, ledgers, and other materials documenting funding and fundraising organizations within WSU.
The WSU Alumni Associations represented specific colleges. The Michigan and out of state locations were responsible for the day-to-day implementation of the planning made by the Wayne State Fund and Alumni Giving Council. Campus beautification began during the late 1960’s. Contained in the collection are the records of the individual Michigan area and out state alumni clubs, pledge drives, and programs used to fund and implement the campus beautification project.
Subjects addressed in this collection include: campus beautification, fundraising, designation of funds, the roles of the Wayne State Fund, Alumni Giving Council, alumni clubs, (especially the School of Social Work) with regard to both obtaining and using monies.

Attachment(click to download)
WSR000369.pdfWSR000369_guide.pdf118.79 KB