Wayne State University Alumni Relations Director Homer Strong Records
Homer D. Strong was appointed the first Director of Alumni Relations in 1944 and continued in this position until 1967. He watched the organization grow from a group of approximately 15,000 to more than 80,000 members. During this period, Strong established the basic guidelines for the structure of the Alumni Association. The Alumni Association consisted of a President, First and Second Vice President, a Treasurer, a Secretary, and a Board of Directors who made up the Alumni Advisory Council. This body of elected officials governed the individual college alumni associations. The college and school alumni associations, in this collection, are Education, Law, Medicine, Mortuary Science, Nursing, Pharmacy, and Social Work. Each was responsible for planning educational, social, and fundraising projects to benefit their respective schools and alumni. The general Alumni Association sponsored various reunions, homecoming activities, publicity for the university, and general fundraising projects such as the War Memorial Mall. The collection contains minutes, correspondence, reports, and financial material relating to the Alumni Association, individual college alumni associations, the regional American Alumni Council activities, Wayne State University publicity and fundraising, and student organizations.
|Attachment||(click to download)|